TNT PRIVACY NOTICE
TRANS NATIONAL TIMES SACCO SOCIETY LTD
Trans National Times Sacco respects the privacy of her members, vendors, staff and other stakeholders. In this Privacy Notice we explains how we collect, use, disclose, and safeguard your information when you visit our offices physically, call us, use our mobile banking services or visit our website www.tntsacco.co.ke or any other media form, media channel, mobile website, or mobile application through which we offer you services or interact with you.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time and for any reason. We will alert you about any changes by updating the “Last Updated” date of this Privacy Notice. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting the updated Privacy Notice on the Site, and you waive the right to receive specific notice of each such change or modification.
You are encouraged to periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay informed of updates. You will be deemed to have been made aware of, will be subject to, and will be deemed to have accepted the changes in any revised Privacy Notice by your continued interaction with TNT in the afforementions ways after the date such an update is posted.
- Data Collection
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect includes personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, ID number, Passport number, payroll number, email address, phone number, current location, educational qualifications, work experience, LinkedIn profile and demographic information, such as your age, gender, and interests, that you voluntarily give to us when you register as a member of the society, visit our society website, call us or our mobile application, or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the Sacco such as online chat and message boards or when you expressly grant us access or permission. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind; however your refusal to do so may prevent you from accessing certain Sacco services
- Purpose of Collection and Use of Collected Data
The personal information we collect is for the purpose of, and may be used to:
Provide information and services as requested by you;
- assess queries, requirements, and process requests for products and services;
- perform client communication, service, billing, and administration;
- conduct data analysis;
- share with affiliated entities/subsidiaries/branch offices for legitimate business purposes;
- share with statutory authorities, government institutions or other bodies for compliance with legal requirements;
- market products and services based on legitimate business interest; or,
- Conduct processing necessary to fulfil other contractual obligations for the individual.
With your consent, we may also use your personal information for additional purposes. Instances where sensitive personal information (data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health, data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation) is collected will warrant explicit consent. Unless it is necessary for our legitimate business purposes, should you choose not to provide any personal information during certain activity, you will be able to continue with such activity wherever possible.
Please note that you shall have the option to review the information as provided by you from time to time and to correct/ amend/delete any information provided by you accordingly.
- Disclosure to Third Parties
Trans National Times Sacco Society Ltd does not share personal information about you with non-affiliated companies except:
- to provide products or services you have requested;
- when we have your permission; or
- under the following circumstances:
- To provide the information to trusted entities who work on behalf of, or with TNT, under confidentiality agreements.
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action against any illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
- To protect or enforce TNT rights, usage terms, intellectual or physical property or for safety of TNT or associated parties.
- To share information about you if TNT is acquired by or merged with another company.
- Data Transfer
TNT will not transfer any personal information across geographical borders to TNT, TNT affiliates, or service providers in other countries working on our behalf in accordance with applicable law.
When you provide us with your information or use our website, we may collect, transfer, store, and process your information. These transfers are governed by the applicable standard contractual clauses or equivalent data transfer agreements to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information.
- Data Protection
TNT has implemented reasonable physical, technical and administrative security measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
Our service providers are bound to maintain the confidentiality of personal information and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose. TNT will ensure through formally executed contracts that the service providers are committed to “same level of data protection” as applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- Data Retention
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as resolving disputes, complying with our internal procedures, and enforcing our policies or for such longer period of time, if such retention is expressly mandated or necessary to comply with any obligations under applicable laws.
- Exercise Your Rights
We respect your right to be informed, access, correct, request deletion or request restriction, portability, objection, and rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling, in our usage of your personal information as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date and deleted when data is no longer required. Your rights are subject to defined conditions and feasibility to exercise such rights and subject to geo locations applicability.
- You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you subject to availability.
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format on request subject to availability.
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to review and ask us to update it.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information only if the data is processed.
- You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our services.
- You have the right to access your personal information which may vary from visitor to visitor.
- You have a right to object to processing of your personal information where it is so conducted by automated means and involves any kind of decision-making subject to discovery that your data was used for automated means.
You undertake that the Personal Information provided by you is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge. You agree and understand that we shall not be liable for the authenticity of the Personal Information provided by you.
Please note that we do not sell your personal information that is collected on this Site for direct marketing purposes or for any commercial purpose. To request review, update/amend or delete your personal information, please refer to the “Contact Us” section below. He will respond to your request within 30 days.
- Contact Us
If you have questions, complaints or comments about this Privacy Notice or any action is required in relation to your personal information including withdrawal of consent, review or deletion, please contact us at 011 050 510, email@example.com or visit our DPO at our Sacco offices at Teachers plaza Kitale town